8 servings | Prep Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp “Perfectly Cajun”™ SEASONING & MARINADE
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 16 oz. cans pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Chiles, drained
- 1 32 oz. box of unsalted chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Monterey jack or cotija shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, sour cream
- In a large pot (Dutch oven), heat olive oil over medium heat and add chicken and onions. Cook until onions are translucent and chicken is lightly browned. Add garlic, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add Perfectly Cajun by Krispy Krunchy® SEASONING & MARINADE, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and using the back of a spoon, mash beans against the side of the pot. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, jalapenos, avocado, and sour cream, if desired.