2 servings | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: Approx. 20 minutes | Total Time: Approx. 30 minutes
- 2 (10 or 12 ounce) boneless Ribeye steaks, approx. 1½ inch thick
- 2 heaping tablespoons Perfectly Cajun by Krispy Krunchy® SEASONING & MARINADE
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, more if desired
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can of sliced mushrooms, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup whiskey or bourbon
- 1 ¼ cups beef stock
- ¼ cup half & half
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Rub steaks with Perfectly Cajun by Krispy Krunchy® and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, sear steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side. Move skillet to oven and cook steaks for 5 minutes (for medium-rare). Remove steaks from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest.
- While steaks are in the oven, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic, cooking until onions are translucent. Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk in the whiskey or bourbon. Return the pan to the stovetop and cook for 3-4 minutes longer. Add beef stock and lower heat to simmer. Slowly whisk in the half & half, continuing to cook until sauce is slightly reduced. Season with pepper, if desired.
- Pour sauce over steaks and serve.